Redecorating the entrance of a flat is one of the first rules to sell it fast: it is proven that buyers decide in the first few seconds whether the property will be left or not. Like this one, there are many other tricks to captivate visitors and make them see how ideal your home is for them. We have assembled 25 expert advice to help you sell your apartment and without lowering the price!
You have many memories stored in every corner of the floor that you want to sell, but you will have to take them with you because it is not what the buyer wants. On the contrary, the more you depersonalize your environments, the more people will like it , because if you already discuss with your partner or your roommates about the decoration, why do you expect to find a buyer who likes exactly the same as you?
- If you live in the flat you want to sell, stay with only the minimum and essential. If you do not have a place to store your things hire a storage space. The floor has to be tidy at all times.
- It is true that leave some furniture will provide the buyer the task of taking the idea of the dimensions of the floor, but too many will only achieve the opposite effect, i.e. visitors to see the much smaller than it is flat.
- Beware of old beds, tables and closets, usually make the rooms look much darker and smaller.
- The storage room, if you have it, must also be cleared to make it look spacious and spacious.
- In the process of depersonalizing the floor removes all posters, paintings and other decorative elements, especially those that allude to political and / or religious ideologies.
- Add some decorative touch with neutral colors, plants or candles (never lit if you are not to control them). If you do not know where to start there are professionals who are dedicated to do what is known as “home staging” or house make-up in order to sell them faster.
- Ventilate and buy air fresheners, especially if you are a smoker or have animals.
- Value the possibility of repainting the floor, doing so will also help eliminate unwanted odors.
- Put curtains in neutral colors and always leave the beds made.
- It cleans thoroughly all the corners: that whoever goes to see the apartment feels at ease at all times.
- It also makes it possible to carry out minor repairs or aesthetic touches.
- For this reason, check all the bulbs for good lighting in all rooms of the house.
- Put a small table with refreshments in a particularly welcoming area of the floor so that visitors can sit and reflect after the visit. Get them to feel at home!
- Once everything is in order take the opportunity to take photos of the property in the moments when there is more light. Make several and choose the best with the help of trusted people.
- Make a list of the good things on the floor to explain to the people who are interested. Do not be angry if they say negative things during the visit, concentrate on explaining what you do have positive.
- If the floor needs repairs it may be a good idea to ask for a quote on how much it would cost to renovate it so that you can tell the buyer.
- Be realistic with the price, compare with other properties in your area (those that you know have been sold, not those that have been in the market for more than a year) and leave some room for a small rebate. They say that if during the first weeks you do not get more than 20 people interested in seeing it is that you have made a mistake in the price.
- If you are going to announce the sale of the flat in different channels, check that the price is the same in all, otherwise you can end up generating mistrust.
- During visits, dogs and cats must be left out, also children or other relatives who may distract potential buyers.
- Teach the floor when there is lighter, the early hours of the morning tend to be the best.
- Do not forget to turn off the radio, TV or other appliances. If you hear the noise of the neighbor put ambient music.
- Schedule appointments also on Saturdays and Sundays. Do not miss a sale for laziness.
- Treat all offers seriously, even if they are too low. Focus on what you want to achieve and try to reach an agreement that favors you.
- If you also want to sell the car park leave your car parked so that the measurements are clearly perceived.
- And remember that to put yourself in the skin of the buyer can also help you to visit similar floors of yours!